- Software Type:DAW
- Platform:Mac, PC
- Bit Depth:64-bit
- Format:VST2, VST3
- Authorization Type:Steinberg Licensing (online sign-in activation)
- Hardware Requirements – Mac:Intel Core i5 or higher, 8GB RAM or more recommended, 70GB Drive Space
- Hardware Requirements – PC:Intel Core i5 / AMD Ryzen or higher, 8GB RAM or more recommended, 70GB Drive Space
- OS Requirements – Mac:macOS 11.6 or later
- OS Requirements – PC:Windows 10 21H2 or later
- Manufacturer Part Number:91070
- Used by pro-level producers, composers, and musicians worldwide, Cubase is one of the most reputable DAWs in the industry. For Cubase Pro 12, Steinberg streamlined workflows with more control customization options than ever, new instruments like the Verve felt piano, and fresh functions and plugins including mixing support for Dolby Atmos and tools lifted straight from Steinberg’s powerful Nuendo postproduction software. Cubase Pro 12 includes a vast array of VST processors and instruments, along with a useful cache of sounds and samples. An undeniable top-shelf software package, Steinberg Cubase 12 Pro gives you everything you need to turn musical inspiration into studio-quality productions.
Fresh features for Cubase 12 Pro
- MIDI Remote integration: MIDI Remote scripts are revolutionizing production workflows — map functions to your MIDI devices for faster control
- VariAudio with Scale Assistant: Improved precision pitch editing for both processed and organic vocal corrections
- Audio to MIDI chords: Groundbreaking drag-and-drop Chord Track lets software automate MIDI recreations of audio files, great for study, inspiration, and more
- FX Modulator: A robust multi-effect modulator hub for adding texture and depth to sounds
- AudioWarp improvements: Correct audio and timing issues with fewer clicks than in previous Cubase versions
- Workflow improvements: Updated workflow functions and command keys
- Raiser: This new Cubase limiter is a flexible dynamics processing tool that’s useful for mastering
- Sample accurate volume automation: Incredibly precise automated sample volumes independent from the buffer size
- Logical Editor improvements: Expanded Logical Editor for customized and empowering command and control setups
- Verve: A timely new felt piano sample suite that adds the dreamy warm intimacy of felt-padded keys to your bag of tricks
- Dolby Atmos tools: Full mixing support for Dolby’s Atmos surround sound system right out of the box
- Postproduction perks: Several new features borrowed straight from Steinberg’s powerful Nuendo postproduction program
- Full digital licensing: Say goodbye to Steinberg USB authenticator keys, it’s all digital now!
Match the timing of audio events with Automatic Audio Alignment
Thanks to Cubase’s Automatic Audio Alignment function, locking different audio tracks together is simple. This is a must-have professional tool for aligning harmony vocals and stacking double-tracked guitars. It’s also ideal for solving the phasing problems that often occur when using multi-microphone techniques.
Compose music the easy way with Chord Pads and Chord Track
Writing chord progressions with Cubase is super fast thanks to its easy-to-use Chord Pads. Play with chords and patterns in real-time, while using Cubase parameters to change chords as you go. You can play Chord Pads with your MIDI keyboard with real-time effects for easy writing and experimentation with the ability to change voicings, harmonic tensions, and more as inspiration strikes. Plus, Cubase 12 Pro’s new adds Chord Track enables automatic conversion of audio files into MIDI data for rapid adaptation of audio to your tracks.
Create a perfect track with Comping
Here at Sweetwater, we know that perfect takes usually take time which often means managing multiple takes of a single track in your DAW. That’s where Comping comes in. While you’re tracking, Cubase instantly creates a Lane Track for each take. You can easily swipe across the best parts after completing multiple takes while Cubase automatically creates a master take from your selected parts. Building a perfect track couldn’t be easier! Once you have the perfect takes, Cubase 12 Pro also features Steinberg’s cutting-edge Raiser limiter plug-in and select Nuendo post-production tools for making essential final tweaks.
Transform your audio with AudioWarp Quantize
Ever wish you could quantize audio the same way you quantize MIDI? With Cubase you can, using the convenient Quantize panel! A single mouse click is enough to non-destructively quantize single audio loops as well as your entire project. And because the audio events are warped rather than sliced, they automatically follow tempo or pitch changes within your project. In Cubase 12, AudioWarp is new and improved for streamlined workflows and track integration with fewer clicks.
Bring your visions to life with Channel Strip
Cubase’s Channel Strip was developed in collaboration with seasoned audio engineers, and it shows — it’s jam-packed with the feel and flavor of a top-tier analog console. Channel Strip modules are integrated into every mixer channel, ready to transform your songs into premium productions.
Turbocharge your mixing workflow with MixConsole
Not only does it shine with regard to usability, look, and feel, Cubase’s MixConsole also captures the sonic essence of a high-end analog console. Its scalable full-screen mode is tailor-made for mouse-free operation, allowing you to use your computer keyboard to access its channel elements. It’s also optimized for screen readers for the visually impaired. View Sets and Channel Zones ensure maximum flexibility, while features like VCA faders, 1-click direct routing, customizable track icons, a track notepad, drag-and-drop support, and plug-in/channel search functions make you feel like you have a state-of-the-art mixing console in your computer.
Integrate performer mixes and monitoring setups with Control Room
Cubase is designed to be the heart of your studio, seamlessly integrating performer mixes and monitoring setups into your recording and mixing workflow. Thanks to its Control Room environment, you can create and manage up to four unique performer mixes, manage feeds from external audio sources, and utilize the built-in talkback function for communicating with performers.
What the pros are saying…
“I have been working with Cubase since 1988, when it was still called Steinberg, on an Atari computer. Cubase has always worked the best for my needs, and throughout the years, it has adjusted itself beautifully to the new and upcoming compositional challenges and requirements. It is always so intuitive and easy to operate, but hand in hand, it is also very powerful and has everything the modern composer should need to create all kinds of scores, whether it be classical, electronic, or other styles. I HIGHLY recommend!” — Inon Zur, Emmy Award winner, 3-time BAFTA-nominated composer, and composer of Starfield, Fallout, Dragon Age, and Syberia soundtracks
Steinberg Cubase Pro 12 Features:
- Perfect for professional audio engineers, songwriters, composers, and conductors
- Next-generation, 64-bit floating point audio engine gives you plenty of power
- MIDI Retrospective Recording tracks you MIDI input, even when you’re not recording
- Safe Start Mode lets you start Cubase without any third-party plug-ins loaded
- Colorized Mixer Channels speed up your workflow
- Combine Select Tools Mode combines selection tools for objects and ranges in one feature
- Intelligent compositional tools like Chord Track, Chord Pads, and Chord Assistant
- MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE) Support
- Steinberg Virtual Reality for producing top-notch VR projects
- Automatic Audio Alignment matches the timing of simultaneously played audio events
- Spectral Comparison EQ makes identifying and eliminating frequency collisions easy
- Render videos as MP4 files with 16-bit stereo audio
- Enables easy import of audio and data from other saved projects
- Comping makes creating perfect tracks a breeze
- AudioWarp Quantize makes quantizing audio as easy as quantizing MIDI
- Channel Strip modules are integrated into every mixer channel
- MixConsole captures the essence of a high-end analog console
- VCA Faders make working with submixes super easy
- Sampler Track and Caleidoscope for building loops and phrases
- Control Room for integrating cue mixes and monitoring setups
- Support for 5.1 surround and true multichannel playback
- Complete suite of over 90 high-end audio and MIDI VST effect processors
- Comprehensive set of 8 outstanding instruments with over 3,000 sounds
- New Dolby Atmos support (Pro exclusive)
- Improvements to VariAudio, AudioWarp, and Logical Editor
- Expanded MIDI controls, workflow and command key customization, and automation for sample volumes and audio to MIDI conversion
- Fresh features borrowed from Steinberg’s postproduction sister software Nuendo (Pro exclusive)
- Now optimized for Apple silicon processors via Rosetta 2