The power and presence of Japanese drums, recorded with a focus on authenticity and versatility. Kageyama Taikos shines in traditional music and epic orchestral works, but it’s equally at home wherever your imagination takes it: pop and rock, jazz fusion, tense underscores, and anywhere else you need expressive, nuanced performance. Featuring master percussionist Isaku Kageyama on eight distinct solo instruments.
We brought these drums out of the more common ensemble or concert hall setting, focusing instead on an intimate studio sound. These detailed, up-close recordings result in a much more versatile sample library, allowing you to use it in any style of music you can imagine. We’ve recorded every drum in this set in great depth, spanning many articulations, dynamics, and variations. Available for Kontakt 6 (Full version, not Player).
- Chudaiko: 18-inch mid-sized drum; crisp edge, rich resonant center.
- Odaiko: 32-inch large drum; deep, booming sound with a dry edge, rich central wash.
- Shimedaiko: “Tightened” drum; higher register to soar over other percussion.
- Okedo (1.5 and 1.4): “Barrel” drum; heavy attack and clear definition.
- Atarigane (Low and High): Played with a mallet; clear, metallic sound.
- Hyoshigi: Wood blocks; full, resonant sound.
Content and Features:
- Crystal-clear 24-bit samples.
- Three mic positions.
- Up to 10x dynamics, 10x RR, 9 playing techniques.
- 10 tonal snapshots included.
- Inspiring 3D-modeled UI.
- Per-drum tonal shaping and tweaks.
- Extra sound design controls.
- Easily create custom mappings.
- CONSOLE FX rack and mixer with dozens of modules.