To Install & Use This Library Requires KONTAKT PRO You Have To Download KONTAKT PRO First From Our Website
Recorded at the world famous SONY Pictures Scoring Stage in Los Angeles, and mixed by veteran legend Dennis Sands, the CineStrings CORE Library covers the essentials of the orchestral string section, and functions as a foundation in any scoring pallette. The result is a string library that is easy to use, composer-friendly, with unparalleled recording quality. CineStrings library does not require you to purchase any additional sample playback software, and is licensed to work with the Native Instrument’s free Kontakt Player. All you need is a sequencer like Logic, Cubase, Digital Performer, LIVE, Protools, Cakewalk, or even Apple GarageBand and you’ll be up and running. You can also use CineStrings with your favorite notation software such as Sibelius or Finale.
Cinestrings CORE has a very intuitive and easy to use graphical interface with quickly selectable presets that can help you write, program and mix tailored to your specific practices. The mapping page can quickly set you up for velocity, key-switching or even midi continuous controller (CC) articulation switching. The mixer page allows you to quickly access the full mix or the four other microphone positions. The settings page allows for advanced control over each of these patches for sound design, programming and other useful features.
The CineStrings CORE library contains the basic set of articulations needed to do most of the traditional writing and programming for the string section.
- Non-vibrato, vibrato and espressivo sustains with smooth dynamic morphing across five dynamics and across each vibrato position
- Natural legatos with smooth dynamic morphing across four dynamics
- Spiccato @ 7-8xRR @ pp to f
- Staccato @ 5-6xRR @ pp to fff
- Marcato @ 3xRR @ p to ff
- Sforzando Overlay @ p to ff
- Tremolos @ p to f
- Sul-Pont Tremolos @ p to f
- Trills (Whole-Step and Half-Step) @ p to f
- Pizzicato @ 5xRR @ p to f
- Bartok Pizz @ 3xRR
- Col Legno @ 3-5xRR
- Harmonic Sustains @ p to f
CineStrings CORE offers many amazing features that distinguishes it from other libraries.
The newest feature is the “Hairpin Creator”. This amazing setting allows for you to automatically get very natural “swells” without having to program a series of controller changes. Based on time or synced to your DAW, the strings can crescendo and decrescendo as you play, including linking a non-vib to espressivo state – this allows for amazing and expressive playing without having to touch any other controller!
When Cinesamples released the CineBrass library they added a feature called “staccato overlay” – they have taken this in a new MAJOR direction with their new bow-attack overlay in CineStrings CORE. You can quickly switch types of overlay (Marcato, Sforzando, etc) through a CC, which then is “over-layed” on the sustains and legatos each time you play at a hard velocity. This allows you to simulate many different styles of bow attacks and create unique playing styles on the fly and recall easily in your DAW.
Along with these features, expect a great deal of expansive programability with our interface. You can link the vibrato and dynamic controls, crossfade the tremolos and sul ponts , create your own unique mix, even add in the Sony “Room Tone” and much more!
About the Patches
Cinesamples included 4 main patches per instrument section. The basic Articulation patch includes Spiccato, Staccato, Legato, Sustains (with 3 vibrato settings), Tremolos (including sul pont), and both half-step and whole-step trills. The second patch is called True Legato, which is derived from our articulation patch. Pizzicato and Col Legno are in the third patch, followed by Harmonics in the last patch.
A key feature of the legato patch allows you to switch between Mono and Polyphonic Legato mode. Monophonic mode allows for “soli” line playing while Polyphonic mode allows you to play lines of up to 3 notes simultaneously, while maintaining the appropriate transition samples between all notes. This is especially effective when playing chords that need to connect in a realistic way.
Split Patches: Cinesamples included every articulation (Half-Step Trill, Sforzando, Col Legno, Spiccato, etc.) as patch splits which are derived from the articulation patch and pizzicato and col legno patch per instrument. This allows you to save memory space if you only need Spiccato and a Sustain patch. While this may increase your track list, many composers choose to have a lot of patches loaded and switch via track instead of keyswitch or velocity.
MULTIS: A series of “unison” and “octave” Kontakt multis which have been pre-set to allow for quick “big” patch performance without having to track split and transpose. These are made from the original patch lists with some minor adjustments to the script to allow for the octave splitting.
- Violins 1 Articulations | True Legato | Violins 1 Pizzicato and Col Legno | Violins 1 Harmonics
- Violins 2 Articulations | True Legato | Violins 2 Pizzicato and Col Legno | Violins 2 Harmonics
- Violas Articulations | Violas True Legato | Violas Pizzicato and Col Legno | Violas Harmonics
- Cellos Articulations | Cellos True Legato | Cellos Pizzicato and Col Legno | Cellos Harmonics
- Basses Articulations | Basses True Legato | Basses Pizzicato and Col Legno | Basses Harmonics
- Full Ensemble Articulations – Full Mix | Full Ensemble Articulations – Multi-Mic
- Full Ensemble Sustains – Full Mix | Full Ensemble Sustains – Multi-Mic
- Full Ensemble Pizzicato and Col Legno – Full Mix | Full Ensemble Pizzicato and Col Legno Multi-Mic
- Full Ensemble Harmonics – Full Mix | Full Ensemble Harmonics – Multi-Mic
- Violins Octaves Articulations | Violins Octaves True Legato
- Violins + Violas Octaves Articulations | Violins + Violas Octaves True Legato
- Violins + Violas + Celli Octaves Articulations | Violins + Violas + Celli Octaves True Legato
- Cellos + Basses Octaves Articulations | Cellos + Basses Octaves True Legato
- Violins + Violas Unison Articulations | Violins + Violas Unison True Legato
- Violas + Cellos Unison Articulations | Violas + Cellos Unison True Legato
- Cellos + Basses Unison Articulations | Cellos + Basses Unison True Legato
- Full Unison Articulations | Full Unison True Legato